Xenerkes Dragon Returns to the World of Ultima
I am pleased to announce that after 13 years, I have decided to come back and give a refresh to some of my utilities.
Unfortunately when I wanted to update my old website, I realised that Geocities was long gone and my website with it. As a consequence all the utilities were no longer available. Thankfully the owners of a few websites managed to get some copies before the site disappeared.
I am currently in the process of moving all the information and tools that were on my old website to this new website. I will possibly be adding more technical information that I have uncovered during the development of Ultimatrix and the Savegame Editor. I will also gradually update some of the tools with improvements and bug fixes.
He has even set up a forum wherein you can find discussion topics for each of his fine Ultima tools and utilities.
And to inaugurate his new site, he has published an update to the Ultima Savegame Editor (for Ultima 1 through 5). Changes include:
- The description of some tooltips have been fixed.
- New multi-resolution Ultima Savegame Editor Icons.
- The utility was renamed to ‘Ultima Savegame Editor’.
- Bugfix: Increased max number of enemy ships from 19 to 99 (Ultima I).
- Removed Help section and added Usage section in the Readme.txt file.
- The tool no longer requires mfc42.dll.
Its good to see Xenerkes return to the fan project community; his various tools and utilities were exceedingly helpful, and between them covered basically all of the Ultima games. It’ll be nice to see them getting updated again.