OpenMW: Version 0.38.0 Released
The OpenMW team have released version 0.38.0 of their open-source re-implementation of the engine for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind:
Hot on the heels of the previous one, this release brings many fixes and improvements, notably movement of objects between cells, and support for the OSG native model format.
- Shadows are not re-implemented at this time, as well as distant land and object shaders
- Features are missing from OpenMW-CS as well: only basic camera controls are implemented, pathgrid and cell marker rendering is missing, as well as instance moving
- Implemented werewolf field of view
- Implemented movement of objects between cells, fixes several issues
- Implemented handling OSG native model format
- Implemented separate field of view settings for hands and game world
- Implemented isInCell checks on PlaceAt and PlaceItem
- Implemented handling NiLODNode and NiPointLight
- Implemented notification to indicate when a game is saved
There’s a lot more to the changelog; I’ve just excerpted the listing of new features in this release. Click on through to read the rest!