The Ultima 6 Project Version 1.1 Beta Released!
That’s right! After a lengthy wait and a private beta that stretched from mid-summer into late fall, the Ultima 6 Project has released its
final updatepublic beta, version 1.1. Here’s the text of the press release from the U6P team:
It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of the 1.1 Public Beta Release of Team Archon’s Ultima 6 Project, for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). Some things to look forward to
in this release:
- Both English and French versions
- Brand-new Moongate subsystem that now scales – things don’t break later in the game any more
- Generally better performance – major optimization of various components and special effects
- Huge enhancements to the dungeon map system – new “helper” pins and better maps to make our immense dungeons easier to navigate – or optionally, just as hard as before if you disable the helper pins
- Many quest improvements
- Many dozens of bug-fixes
- Far more accurate world map coordinates
- It should be noted that anyone using a previous version will have to uninstall it prior to installing the 1.1 Public Beta Release, and start a new game
Please note – there are a lot of problems that have already been reported that we could either a) not fix for various reasons, or b) we’re not going to spend the time to fix, so please don’t be
upset if we don’t fix the bug you found. We’re trying to wrap up this project and put it to bed; unfortunately that has to happen someday, so some bugs will indeed go un-fixed. The plan is
to only leave those bugs that we can live with, or just can’t fix for whatever reason. But we’re pretty proud of this release.
If you find problems with the release, want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We
have set up a special forum for the 1.1 Public Beta Release on the Project Britannia forums: (http://www.projectbritannia.com/index.php).
To download the 1.1 Public Beta Release, go to the Ultima 6 Project web site at: http://www.u6project.com/
About The U6 Project
The Ultima 6 Project was formed in 2001 by Sliding Dragon to develop a remake of Origin’s Ultima VI: The False Prophet with newer graphics and a more immersive engine. Soon assembled under the banner Archon, the team members, who hail from all over the globe, have set about recreating the world of Britannia, adding an enhanced storyline to bolster intraseries continuity and building on the Ultima legacy in a way that will please fans new and old.