Spam Spam Spam Humbug: Episode 7 – Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I talk a lot about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Big Huge Games’ 2012 RPG…the last title the company produced before it was shut down as a consequence of the collapse of 38 Studios. And while Big Huge Games has since been re-opened by Brian Reynolds, it has not reclaimed the Amalur IP from the state of Rhode Island. Indeed, the new Big Huge Games is focused on mobile right now; their first game, DomiNations, fuses some of the concepts from Rise of Nations with some of the gameplay from Clash of Clans.

But this podcast is not about DomiNations; this podcast is about Reckoning, why I love it so darn much, and (hopefully) why you should too. Give it a listen!

Always remember: if you’d like to recommend anyone for a shout-out, send an email to UltimaCodex@gmail.com…which you can also use to suggest podcast topics, offer commentary or criticism about podcast episodes, and/or to volunteer your time as either an occasional or regular contributor to podcast sessions.

As well, if you haven’t already, you should totally sign on with the Ultima Dragons group on Facebook, or with the Ultima Dragons community on Google+. The Facebook group is easily the larger and more lively, but that just means that the Google+ one needs a few more members posting content there on a more regular basis.

Finally, there’s the Ultima Codex Patreon . I’ve changed the reward scheme there a bit; it is now a $5 pledge that will get you access to Spam Spam Spam Humbug episodes the day before they go live here on the site. And if you contribute, you’ll be helping me both maintain and — with sufficient funding — expand the server infrastructure of the Codex to better deliver all the things you come looking for thereat.