Shroud of the Avatar Monthly Release 37
December 15, 2016 - January 24, 2017
The thirty-seventh test release of Shroud of the Avatar. New features in this release will include:
- Story: The Path of Courage polish will continue with focus on Harvest and Resolute. Portalarium will also continue expansion of the new PVP area with the addition of the dungeons area. Finally, the NPC Conversation System will be getting a much needed refactoring and polish pass.
- Town Sieges: The first iteration of Town Sieges will come online where periodically you will have to fight through battle lines to get into and out of a town under siege by the 8 Obsidian Cabalists.
- Combat: The cover system will be introduced and will modify attack and defense values when you (or your target) are behind cover.
- Player Towns & Player Housing: The first iteration of Player Owned Town Blessings will go live where monuments placed in POTs will grant long term buffs whose power and/or duration will be based on the population of the town. Also, more Obsidian homes for the Obsidian bundles will appear. The ability to Rent Rooms in a player home will start to become available to homeowners. Additionally, work will begin on the first Static POTs. Finally, updates to Dynamic Player-Owned Towns that have locked submission forms will appear in the game.
- Crafting: Fishing will get an expansion and polish pass. Portalarium will also expand weapon recipes to include more visual variants (Elven, Norgard, Obsidian, Kobold).
- Character: Valhold will be the second city where we begin adding region specific clothing (Viking themed) for the residents, including unique armor for guards, clothing for citizens, garb for merchants, and regalia for royalty. Portalarium will also begin introducing the first of the Obsidian Cabalists.