Shroud of the Avatar – Update of the Avatar #260
Good Morning and Happy New Years Friends! I can’t believe we are already at Update of the Avatar #260.. While we all continue to wait for release sometime “hopefully” in 2018, below we have the holiday news regarding SotA.
- Portalarium’s “Shroud of the Avatar in 2017”
- R49 Postmortem Telethon
The Portalarium Devs gave us a rundown on what they feel was the highlights of 2017 for them (below). For me it was the expected delays of “release”, the building and/or “fleshing out” of more scenes and quests, and the need for more revenue to keep in the black by Portalarium, that were the major highlights from my perspective.
2017 was an incredible year for Shroud of the Avatar! Thanks to the support of our amazing community we have been able to move ever closer to our launch next year. Through constant testing, critical feedback, in-game events, real life social events, and of course financial support our community, has all provided us the backbone to make Shroud the game it is today.
Each month we have delivered with our game releases an iterative step forward towards the vision we first shared during the Kickstarter four years ago. Those monthly releases have been critical to moving development forward towards launch early next year when we transition out of Early Access.
A Look Back…
Here are a few of the major milestones and key announcements in 2017:
- Q1 2018 Schedule and Candidate Launch Date
- Top 10 Priorities For Launch
- Travian Games and Black Sun Partnerships Announced
- Support For World Water Day and Other Charities
- Monthly Telethons and Telethon In-Game Items
Once again we want to thank our incredible community for making this happen. We are proud to be making this world with you. Here are some of the amazing community led or featured events and initiatives that were run in 2017:
- SotA Con Austin 2017
- AERIE Fund Charity Events Like Think Pink
- Weekly Player Owned Town Spotlights
- Creative Community Contests and Winners
- New Player Welcome and Gameplay Strategy Guides
- Regular Livestreaming Programs
We also attended numerous events, like RTX here in Austin, Dragon Con, Comic Con San Diego, and Games Con in Europe. Next year we plan to attend more starting with Austin’s SXSW festival. Additionally, our international partnerships with Travian Games and Black Sun are going to make 2018 a very exciting year as we prepare for Launch!
Are You A New Player?
If you are a new community member that’s been interested in playing Shroud of the Avatar, now is a great time to jump on in the game with our Free Trial! To keep you updated on our progress towards Launch, we release major game updates every month, and on Fridays are our weekly Avatar’s Update Newsletters that summarize current development.
From all of us at Portalarium, Happy New Year!
R49 Postmortem Telethon
The devs announced this release’s postmortem telethon with new holiday Stretch Goal Items, prizes to give away, and “developer deep dives” will occur on January 8!
LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE (Central Time Zone)
Telethons are livestreamed on Twitch and include answers to your gameplay questions, world building tours, prize giveaways, sales on items, and more! See what devs have planned below beginning at 3:00 PM CT on January 8:
- 3PM: Introductions (Black Sun) and Postmortem Q&A
- 3:45PM: Deep Dive 1: Advanced Combat/Skills/Leveling
- 4:30PM: World Building Tour
- 5:30PM: Deep Dive 2: Story
- 6:15PM: Postmortem Q&A Continues
- 7PM: Ending Announcements
Schedule is subject to change. Check back here before the livestream begins!
There will be NO expiring items this telethon.
STRETCH GOALS (Icy Themed!)
As a special bonus, devs are offering funding rewards to any backer that pledges a minimum of $5 for twelve hours during the day of the telethon, on January 8 from 12:00 PM to 11:59 PM CT (Spending Store Credit to make $5 minimum purchase does not apply) .
NOTE: While the livestream ends at 7pm CT, everyone will have until 11:59 PM CT to spend $5 to get the stretch goals. devs will announce the final total on the following day.
- $10K: /jugglesnowballs
- $25K: Ice Pipe
- $35K: Snowdragon (snowman dragon made of sticks and such)
- $50K: Ice Chess Set
- $65K: Ice Halberd, Ice Spear, Ice Axe
- $80K: Ice Dragon Statue with icy effects
*Please keep in mind that stretch goal rewards take time to develop and will most likely not be available in-game at Release 51 at the earliest.
CHEER ON THE DEVS!
For every $2,500 donated, all developers on camera have to either dance, sing, or perform some other act of amazement.
Additionally, devs will be spinning the Wheel of Fortune! The wheel will have 12 different categories of sales plus the Lord British and Darkstarr wildcards where they get to choose any category! Each time a category comes up it will go on sale at approx. 20% off for 1 hour.
WHEEL OF FORTUNE FLASH SALES:
- Viking Bundles
- Obsidian Bundles
- Kobold Bundles
- Elven Bundles
- Shogun Bundles
- Make a Difference
- Home Decorations
- Outdoor Decorations
- POT Upgrades, Homes and Basements
- Pets and Music
- Emotes and Fireworks
- Dyes, and Patterns
WIN THESE GREAT PRIZES!
- Frosty goodies!
- Bank Upgrades
- Store Credit
- RelicsbyRild.com merchandise
- and a bunch of items devs will announce on the livestream!
Devs will be giving prizes away on an hourly basis with many being given away multiple times. If you wish to win prizes during the event, be in Discord chat! Devs will be active on Twitch and YouTube chats as well, but Twitch & Youtube chat will not be the portal for prize giveaways.
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS!
Please do NOT post questions containing:
- More than 3 questions in total
- Bugs or other problems best posted in the bug forums
- “When is this coming” or anything related to schedule (for those answers please refer to the devs’ quarterly updates or post release plans)
- Questions with more than a couple of sentences. Please keep them brief! Devs will likely understand the context of your interest, so just ask the question and they’ll be able to respond.
For bug reports and extra idea suggestions, please use the forums for this purpose.