Shroud of the Avatar – Update of the Avatar #254
Greetings Friends! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
Release 48 launched November 16. Feel free to log in to check out the changes! There’s new content to explore, including:
- Reduced Load Times
- Volumetric Lighting
- Story Polish
- More Side Quests
- Solace Bridge Outskirts Polish
- 3 New Tier 2 Mines
- Artifacts Enchantable/Masterworkable
- More Unique Components
- Virtue Gear
- UI Polish
- Combat Balance
- Winter Holiday Items
- R46 Telethon Items
- Movember Make A Difference Items
- Audio Polish
- VFX Polish
- POT Tree & Grass Removers
- POT Deco Limits Increased
- R47 Lot Deed Raffle Winners
- R47 QA Testing Incentive Winners
…and much more
Check out the Release 48 Instructions update for detailed information about all the new content.
Release 48 Postmortem Telethon – Dec. 1
The next Postmortem Telethon, for Release 48, is already fast approaching! The winter season has fully set in and the devs are celebrating with holiday stretch goal items ready to be achieved. This telethon is on December 1!
The R48 telethon is going to mark a new format for some items. They will be somewhat going back to briefer Deep Dives. Also, they will be focusing more on related questions to those Deep Dives. Please see below on what questions they will and will not be taking.
LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE (Central Time Zone)
Telethons are livestreamed on Twitch and include answers to your gameplay questions, world building tours, prize giveaways, sales on items, and more! See what the devs have planned below beginning at 3:00 PM CT on December 1:
- 3:00PM: Introductions and Postmortem Q&A
- 3:45PM: Deep Dive 1: Advanced Combat, Skills, Leveling
- 4:30PM: World Building Tour
- 5:30PM: Deep Dive 2: Economy, Crafting, Artifacts, Loot
- 6:15PM: Postmortem Q&A Continues
- 7:00PM: Ending Announcements
STRETCH GOALS (Frosty Themed!)
As a special bonus, the devs are offering funding rewards to any backer that pledges a minimum of $5 for twelve hours during the day of the telethon, on December 1 from 12:00 PM to 11:59 PM CT (Spending Store Credit to make $5 minimum purchase does not apply) .
NOTE: While the livestream ends at 7pm CT, everyone will have until 11:59 PM CT to spend $5 to get the stretch goals. We will announce the final total on the following day.
- $10K: Icicles Pattern Cloak
- $25K: Ice Hot Tub
- $35K: Ice Elemental Statue with icy effects
- $50K: Ice Sword & Ice Shield
- $65K: Ice Crown, Ice & Snow Themed Gown, and Ice Wand
- $80K: Ice Dragon Statue with icy effects
CHEER ON THE DEVS!
For every $2,500 donated, all developers on camera have to either dance, sing, or perform some other act of amazement.
Additionally, they will be spinning the Wheel of Fortune! The wheel will have 12 different categories of sales plus the Lord British and Darkstarr wildcards where they get to choose any category! Each time a category comes up it will go on sale at approx. 20% off for 1 hour.
WHEEL OF FORTUNE FLASH SALES:
- Viking Bundles
- Obsidian Bundles
- Kobold Bundles
- Elven Bundles
- Shogun Bundles
- Make a Difference
- Home Decorations
- Outdoor Decorations
- POT Upgrades, Homes and Basements
- Pets and Music
- Emotes and Fireworks
- Dyes, and Patterns
WIN THESE GREAT PRIZES!
- Frosty goodies!
- Bank Upgrades
- Store Credit
- RelicsbyRild.com merchandise
- and a bunch of items we will announce on the livestream!
They will be giving prizes away on an hourly basis with many being given away multiple times. If you wish to win prizes during the event, be in Discord chat! They will be active on Twitch and YouTube chats as well, but they will not be our portal for prize giveaways.
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS!
Please do NOT post:
- More than 3 questions in total
- Bugs or other problems best posted in the bug forums
- “When is this coming”, “Why isn’t this in the game yet”, or anything related to schedule (for those answers please refer to the dev’s quarterly updates or post release plans)
- Questions with more than a couple of sentences. Please keep them brief! They will likely understand the context of your interest, so just ask the question and they’ll be able to respond.
For bug reports and extra idea suggestions, please use forums for this purpose.