The Bards Tale IV Kickstarter is Live
We all knew this was coming, but it’s official now even so: inXile Entertainment have launched the Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund creation of The Bards Tale 4. They’ve set a goal of $1.25 million, and have raised over $415,000 as of this writing.
From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes The Bard’s Tale IV. Thirty years ago, The Bard’s Tale put Brian Fargo and Interplay on the map and launched a storied career crafting some of the most beloved cRPGs in gaming history.
Today, we return to Skara Brae for the long-awaited dungeon-crawling sequel to the Bard’s Tale trilogy — the games that helped define the genre.
- A single-player, party-based dungeon crawl, rich in exploration and combat
- Dungeons filled not just with dangerous fights but with challenging puzzles and devious riddles
- Dynamic phase-based combat, where the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies
- A game set to beautiful Gaelic music, where the Bard’s songs and melodies affect gameplay
- Co-funded by fans and inXile: if this game hits its $1.25 million goal, inXile will put in at least $1.25 million of its own money to double the initial budget!
- Built using Unreal Engine 4, for PC, Mac and Linux. Available from Steam or DRM-Free from GOG.com
- Available in English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Polish
- Built for and with the help of our fans. Your feedback and input directly impact the design and features of the game during alpha and beta stages
The minimum spend to get a copy of the game is, for now, $20 USD; that will go up to $27 USD once the 15,000 Early Bird rewards have been claimed. It’s not improbable that inXile could hit their goal in one day; they’ve already gotten a third of the way there in what has only been a matter of a few hours. It’s safe to say that this game will be funded, and then some.